Some students prefer having their textbooks as an ebook. eBooks can be downloaded on phones or tablets and it makes it easier to access. The even better news is that there are free textbook downloads in South Africa.
You can download your Unisa textbook for free on many websites. One of them would be on the myUnisa website.
Free Textbook Downloads in South Africa
There are many reasons why Unisa students download their books. One of the main reasons is that you can download your textbook for free and use it immediately. On one device you can have many textbooks. You don’t have to leave your desk anymore to get a book because you can view it on your phone.
eBooks are the money saving books. They are sometimes cheaper than printed books and are also eco-friendly.
Like most products, online textbooks have their advantages and disadvantages.
We’ve already mentioned that you can download your book for free, so let’s have a look at more advantages:
- Storage – You can download many books on your device (phone, laptop, e-reader and so forth).
- Eco-friendly – You help save trees. Yay!
- You can change your text size and type on an ebook.
- Easy to travel with – You don’t have to carry books anymore. You can access your books on your phone.
Not so Good Things
Many students would rather buy the printed book. These disadvantages might give you an idea why:
- Page numbers – Only some ebooks have page numbers and pages.
- Life of an eBook – eBooks really depend on the technology available. Your ebook can get outdated.
- Electronic device – Without the correct electronic device (phone, laptop, e-reader), you won’t be able to read your book.
UNISA Textbooks Free Download
Free textbook downloads can be done on the myUnisa website. Before you can download the book, you need to register yourself.
Go to the myUnisa website and click on Claim your login. Sign up with your valid Unisa student number and create your own password.
Now let’s download your ebook.
Download Your UNISA Textbook
Registered on myUnisa website, yes. Have the book information (Title, author, and edition), check. Now let’s download.
- Go to the Unisa website
- Click on Library
- Scroll down on the page and type in: PDF or eBook in the Search the Library box and search. All of the books will be listed. You can always search your book by name
- If all of the information is correct, click on “Request It”
- Log into the myUnisa website. Continue with the steps and then you will have your book in no time
Find 10 easy steps to download your ebook on the Together We Pass website.
Where can you get Free Textbooks Downloads in South Africa?
Most of Unisa textbooks are available to download. You might not find all of your textbooks on one website. You might find one book on Takealot.com and another on Van Schaik Bookstore.
Here is a list of booksellers who sell Unisa ebooks.
Register yourself on their website when you want to download the book.
The Unisa Library Guides gives you another list of websites for free textbook download.
Textbook Download at a Price
Not every student wants to download their books for free. Some students would like to pay for their books.
The Unisa Official Booksellers list got you covered. The booksellers sell printed books and ebooks. They have their own way of downloading the books. If you need any help, you need to contact the website you are downloading from. For example, if you are buying an ebook from Takealot.com, then you have to contact them to assist you with the download. Find Unisa Official Booksellers here.
Written by: Olivia Pika
Last updated: 23 April 2018